1.26.2015

Snow Mama








  • How far along: 32 weeks
  • Total weight gain: more than I care to admit! About 30 now! Eek. I've definitely broken down and cried several times. It's a hard adjustment to have once had a well defined tiny waist and now not be able to see your toes.
  • Maternity clothes: Yup, I finally had to admit that my pre-pregnancy pants wouldn't fit, even with the BellyButtonBand. I can still wear my scrub tops to work, but that number is also dwindling.
  • Stretch marks: Nope!
  • Sleep: I do pretty good. I don't need any special pillows or props. I start permanent dayshift this week, so the adjustment has been a little rough but I definitely LOVE seeing daylight!
  • Best moment so far: Getting ready! We got a family car (Subaru Forrester), installed the carseat, assembled the crib, and I made my first ever quilt for the baby.
  • Miss anything: Red, red wine. And sushi! <-- Those didn't change from last time! Haha
  • Movement: This baby has it's parent's dance moves :P Every few hours I smile at the little dance party in my belly and just revel in the experience.
  • Food cravings: I've been loving big bowls of cereal more than ever these past few weeks. Last week I finished off one of those big bags of off-brand cinnamon toast crunchies. This week it's Frooty pebbles!
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: I get heart burn. Like a lot. So I try to limit foods that usually set it off but sometimes a girl just needs a humongous slice of pepperoni pizza.
  • Have you started to show yet: Oh yes. There's no hiding it anymore! Strangers even ask when I'm due now and sometimes try to guess the baby's sex.
  • Gender: It's still a surprise! We were thinking boy for a while, then I thought girl, now I just have no clue. None.
  • Labor signs: Nope. I think I had one Braxton Hicks contraction. Once. :P
  • Belly button in or out: In, but getting weirdly shallow and flatter.
  • Wedding rings on or off: On. All the weight gain has gone to boobs, belly, and bottom.
  • Happy or moody most of the time: I've been a bit more moody this week, but I also attribute it to finally stepping on the scale and to the change in going from working nights to working days.
  • Looking forward to: March! I really can't wait to meet this lil babe!

 Thanks to my wonderful husband for taking these photos for me in 5 minutes flat! We got some snow the night before and I laid in bed that morning thinking how neat it would be to have a mini shoot. I was very happy to see that the silver skirt I have been holding onto fit above my bump! I'm glad I never got around to hemming the extra length off the bottom or else it would have been too short for this.



Flower Headband: Forever 21
Crochet Crop Top: Forever 21
Grey tank top: BumpStart 
Silver Skirt: thrifted
Snow boots: Chooka


6 comments:

  1. You are absolutely gorgeous! Love the photo shoot, and all the pics. Thank Abe for me for doing such a great job. Thinking of the three (!) of you all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are rocking that look ! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/nicka-k-new-york-blush-review.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too long now! That silver skirt is beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you guys are keeping it a surprise! My sister and her husband did that and it was extra exciting when the baby came out and it was a girl! I was super excited about it because I guessed that they were having a girl and everyone else said boy and I was right! Yay! lol

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete