Some days it feels like I've been pregnant forever, some days I look back at the calendar and wonder where the time went! My husband had been graciously taking intermittent bump photos for me and I wanted to share our progress thus far. The dress I chose is a nice stretchy T-shirt material but isn't actually maternity, so we'll see how long I can keep wearing it!
I found this handy little update survey on another blog, and tweeked it for my personal taste. Hope you find it fascinating ;)
- How far along: 21 weeks
- Total weight gain: about 12 lbs total
- Maternity clothes: Here and there. I have about three tops and my BellyButtonBand I use for my tighter pants but I haven't splurged on maternity pants/jeans yet.
- Stretch marks: None yet! I guess time will tell :P
- Sleep: Some days are better than others. Even though I work night shift, on a night off, I still sleep the best at night with my hubby by my side. (aww!) I tried to limit my water intake a few hours before bed to prevent my getting up to pee so often, but I was getting headaches from dehydration so that stopped. Soooo it's back to getting up 1-2 times, depending on how long I am able to sleep.
- Best moment so far: Abe (my husband) felt tiny baby kicks on Halloween night as baby was dancing around while we watched The Addam's Family. It was so sweet and precious, I of course cried! We also had our complete anatomy ultrasound on Halloween and we were able to take home a several photos and a video of baby on a CD. Lil One is definitely flexible and doesn't like to sit still. At one point baby reached up to scratch its nose with a foot! Too funny.
- Miss anything: Red, red wine. And sushi!
- Movement: Some days more than others. But I was surprised that I first started feeling baby at 15weeks on our wedding anniversary. Those were butterflies compared to the jumbleees I feel lately.
- Food cravings: Nothing in particular, but I won't turn down Taco Bell nachos!
- Anything making you queasy or sick: It was tomatoes and fresh green salads during the first trimester. Still tomatoes at times, but it all depends on smells now. The other day I was gagging at the smell of a mushroom quinoa dish Abe made. Sad day.
- Have you started to show yet: Yup! Although if you don't know me, you'd think I had a beer belly. It's not quite obviously a baby bump, especially in my nursing scrubs which are most forgiving.
- Gender: It's a surprise! At our 20 week ultrasound, the technician was very good at avoiding all the bits that could have revealed baby's sex.
- Labor signs: NOPE! And lets keep it that way. It is way too early for Lil One to arrive.
- Belly button in or out: Same innie as pre-pregnancy. But doesn't my belly look pointy?? I wonder why that is. I think it may be the dress actually, haha!
- Wedding rings on or off: On and still the same fit. The only swelling I've noticed has been boobs and sometimes my ankles.
- Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty happy actually. Everything makes me laugh and it's been so fun!
- Looking forward to: Seeing my pregnant sister over Thanksgiving and rubbing her belly while she rubs mine! I can't wait to see how our bumps compare for being 2 months apart.
Today I return to get the rest of the ultrasound we started on Halloween. Baby wouldn't cooperate for the tech to visualize the spine or kidneys, but everything looked healthy otherwise which is a relief. Little One likes to kick and swirl in my lower abdomen when I'm watching TV with my husband and again right when I lay down to start to sleep. We've picked up a car seat and stroller, my sister is giving us a crib, and I found some cute and basic gender-neutral clothing at a recent trip to my favorite thrift store. I washed everything, of course. All I feel I need is a carrying wrap, swing, and diapers. We're pretty low-key, so I'm not even planning on having a baby shower. But if you have recommendations on any "can't live without it" items, or a good cloth diaper you trust, please let me know!!