I wanted to show that being vegan is still super yummy. Here's what I've made recently.
|Barley with sweet potato, zucchini, and mandarin oranges. Based on THIS recipe.|
|Kale and apple smoothie with protein powder.|
|Kale, black bean, and sweet potato skillet. Click HERE for recipe.|
|Lentil barbeque sloppy joes on a bed of spinach. Click HERE for recipe.|
|Spicy Chinese eggplant served over rice. Click HERE for recipe|
|Spinach and berry smoothie|
- Hearty Corn & Quinoa Chowder (with vegan butter and soymilk)
- Homemade Refried Beans (with coconut oil)
- Sweet Potato Coconut Cashew Rice Bowl
- Crock Pot Cocoa Almonds (with vegan butter)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (with vegan white chocolate chips)
Going vegan sure was an adjustment, but since I started I have had fewer headaches, I sleep better, and I've lost weight around my waist. Abe misses having pizza and wings all the time, but I have found that I prefer how I feel to the temporary pleasure I might get from a big bowl of ice cream or a cheesy pizza.