10.29.2013

Going Vegan

The hubby and I have recently drastically changed our diet. We have gone vegan in an effort to be healthier people! Plus the whole chicken/cow farm thing freaks me out. And we've decreased our carbon footprint by doing so, too! Cue the hippie music... now.

I wanted to show that being vegan is still super yummy. Here's what I've made recently. 
 
Barley with sweet potato, zucchini, and mandarin oranges. Based on THIS recipe.

Kale and apple smoothie with protein powder.

Kale, black bean, and sweet potato skillet. Click HERE for recipe.

Lentil barbeque sloppy joes on a bed of spinach. Click HERE for recipe.

Spicy Chinese eggplant served over rice. Click HERE for recipe

Spinach and berry smoothie

Other things I've made but didn't photograph:

 

Going vegan sure was an adjustment, but since I started I have had fewer headaches, I sleep better, and I've lost weight around my waist. Abe misses having pizza and wings all the time, but I have found that I prefer how I feel to the temporary pleasure I might get from a big bowl of ice cream or a cheesy pizza. 




5 comments:

  1. That's such a great change, I'm sure it's hard, but wow those foods look delicious!
    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I could never go vegan. I hate veggies too much. lol

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious vegan food is one reason why the number of vegans has doubled in less than 3 years. Here's a video to help everyone understand why so many people are making this life affirming choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKr4HZ7ukSE

    Join the revolution! 21-Day Vegan Kickstart http://www.pcrm.org/health/diets/kickstart/kickstart-programs

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bbq lentil one looks delish! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm. All these dishes look so good. I miss being Vegan... but unfortunately it was agreeing with my body. I still try to eat as vegan as possible though and these dishes have me feeling pretty inspired!! :D

    xo
    By The Shore, a life + style blog

    ReplyDelete