10.09.2013

Day to Night Series: Tulle!


Guys, I am so excited to share this outfit post! The lovely Laura from Walking in Memphis in High Heels has this darling series where she and another blogger find a similar item in their closets that they both own and one person styles it for a day look, the other styles it for a night look! This week, I am that other blogger! I have been planning this outfit for like months.

We landed on the item of Tulle Skirts after emailing back and forth for several days and realizing we don't really have a whole lot of similar items. Now, her's isn't as poofy as mine, but that's ok! I didn't intend to make mine so fluffy... (Yes that's right, I MADE IT! Can you tell I'm proud? :)) But I loooove how it turned out. I actually took my photos before I finished the skirt though, haha. It's lacking a waistband. Minor prob.  

So here is how Laura styled her black tulle skirt for a daytime look:




For more details on Laura's outfit, click the button below!






And here is my night look featuring a similar but different black tulle skirt:










For tips on making your own tulle skirt, I found this link and this link helpful but didn't really follow either of them. This tidbit of tricks was very helpful and kept me from cursing while sewing on tulle. And if all else fails, I found this cute skirt on etsy that is most similar to mine, and this inexpensive one that is most similar to Laura's.






Leotard: ASOS
Tulle Skirt: handmade
Tights: Target
Earrings: Prabal Gurung for Target (other style)
Heels: Vince Camuto (thrift find!)
Clutch: vintage




14 comments:

  1. Pretty! Great job on the skirt and I love your tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I love your skirt, it looks awesome poofy and the ribbon tie is gorgeous!! Love that you wore it with a low cut back top - SO pretty!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos. That skirt is EVERYTHING.

    xo,
    Anum

    www.SummerxSkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea and love your black color skirt (: , so pretty and elegant! x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so fabulous! I love the low back on that shirt (it's a leotard! Smart!) and all the black is so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I just posted a similar look on my blog!!

    www.moderndaycharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so beautiful! The tutu skirt looks amazing on you!

    http://latroublemaker.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! I love how your skirt turned out...I bought a bunch of tulle over a year ago now, with great intentions of making a tulle skirt...one day!! haha

    Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love tulle, and I really want a tulle skirt just because they're so fun and fairy-like, and they look great either for day OR night! Plus, your bag is gorgeous, and you are so beautiful!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a gorgeous outfit!! love the tulle. I always had reservations with tulle but you have created something so beautiful and elegant!

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loooooving your tulle skirt! So Audrey Hepburn meets Carrie Bradshaw! :)

    Xx Mallory
    http://notnormalmallory.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete