7.08.2013

Baked Caprese Salmon

Happy Monday! 
Today came on suddenly, as all Mondays seem to do. 
I wasn't prepared for it with my usual Monday outfit post, so I thought I'd share this yummy recipe I made up!



Baked Caprese Salmon

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium or large tomato (sliced)
  • 2 salmon fillets (approx 3-4 oz each)
  • 4-6 oz fresh mozzarella (sliced)
  • a handful of fresh basil leaves
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • about 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • a splash of Balsamic vinegar
Directions:
 Preheat oven to 350*F

Step 1: In a small baking dish, lay the tomato and salmon in as shown above. 


Step 2: Toss the fresh basil on top, then season with salt and pepper.


Step 3: Lay the sliced fresh mozzarella on top.


Step 4: Sprinkle bread crumbs atop mozzarella and splash on some Balsamic vinegar.


Step 5: Bake in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.


Step 6: Enjoy the melty goodness, share with someone you love. Serves 2 


A picture of me starring lovingly at my creation.







 
^
|
|
|
|
|
HEY! Follow along!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks amazing.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks SO delicious!t! Now following :)

    check me out here spreadfashionblog
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! This looks so delicious, I might make if for dinner tonight!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, what a great post! I so love your blog, now following you via gfc, hope you will visit my blog and follow me too.

    Much Love,
    Fashion Blogger India

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this looks so INCREDIBLE and it has literally my most favourite ingredients! How come I've never thought of combining them? Thank you this great post!

    Have an amazing week,
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really yummy! Great blog, so I'm a New follower on GFC =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is making my mouth water! I love anything with mozzarella and tomato together.

    Please enter my Persunmall Free Clothes + $100 Giveaway!

    Melanie
    Aetherlily.Net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness this looks absolutely divine! I never thought about baking it! Thank you so much for sharing girl!

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh! this sounds like heaven! what a creative receipe! Sounds wonderful, hope you enjoyed your meal! I am definetely going to try it :)

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I'm craving mozzarella cheese! That melted awesomeness looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete