Today came on suddenly, as all Mondays seem to do.
I wasn't prepared for it with my usual Monday outfit post, so I thought I'd share this yummy recipe I made up!
Baked Caprese Salmon
- 1 medium or large tomato (sliced)
- 2 salmon fillets (approx 3-4 oz each)
- 4-6 oz fresh mozzarella (sliced)
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- a splash of Balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 350*F
Step 1: In a small baking dish, lay the tomato and salmon in as shown above.
Step 2: Toss the fresh basil on top, then season with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Lay the sliced fresh mozzarella on top.
Step 4: Sprinkle bread crumbs atop mozzarella and splash on some Balsamic vinegar.
Step 5: Bake in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
Step 6: Enjoy the melty goodness, share with someone you love. Serves 2
A picture of me starring lovingly at my creation.
HEY! Follow along!