Summer Veggie Bake (source)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Saute both in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about five minutes).
- While the onion and garlic are sauteing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables.
- Spray the inside of an 8×8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Photos are my own, I drizzled olive oil on top and I do not suggest you do that as it all settles at the bottom (see 2nd photo). I also seasoned with Turmeric, thyme, salt, pepper, and used Parmesan and cheddar cheeses. That was delicious! I think next time, I will sprinkle seasoned bread crumbs on top too. That'd be yummy!