4.29.2013

The Blossom Hunter






Nap time! Hunting for beautiful flowering trees that aren't surrounded by buildings and cars is hard work! :P

My adorable friend SarahJean and I went on a girl's date for thrift shopping and afterwards went to Chik-fil-a in a strip mall where we happened to find the perfect little lawn of trees in the middle of a parking lot off a major road! I thought it would be perfect for some lovely outfit shots of what I wore on our date!

I have been a long time admirer of Russian designer Ulyana Sergeenko and how stunning she always looks when captured by street style photogs. For a few years now, she has been designing a line of breath-taking couture. I'm saving all my pennies for the real thing. But in the mean time, I thought of her while dressing myself in this long fabric which I'm not even sure is a skirt... Ha!



Tee: H&M
Skirt fabric thing: thrifted
Sunnies: eBay
Necklace: Stella & Dot
Cuff: Kohl's
Purse: Brighton (old)
Sandals: Target




18 comments:

  1. I love the trim on that skirt. It's such a great accent. And all of the pics look fabulous.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that skirt! The trim is gorgeous. And your hair looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely in that outfit, my dear! And those trees are simply stunning. Glad you had a fun weekend.

    Wanna follow each other?
    The Nautical Owl
    Facebook
    Etsy
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actual skirt or not, it's lovely. And those trees are beautiful!

    Kendra
    http://closetconfections.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that skirt thing whatever it is lol
    _______________________________-
    check out my nail tutorial inspired by my menstrual cycle
    http://themodestmushroom.blogspot.com/2013/04/period.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the skirt, that hemline is incredible. I love the detail and colours here. Thank you for sharing
    Jen@madeinminch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those trees are so lovely! What a beautiful skirt as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! I just took some photos infront of cherry blossoms as well. hard to resist!! xx
    francesca

    http://www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love photos in front of cherry blossoms! So springy!

    Gorgeous photos.

    Melissa
    http://miss-melissa.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great skirt and those cherry blossoms, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Barbie Girl'.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so pretty! That skirt was made for these pictures.

    E x

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty photos - Im glad you hunted down the tree because it's a beautiful location!

    Stella + Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! You picked the perfect location to shoot that beautiful skirt! It looks so fun, perfect place for a picnic :)


    http://DownToStars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete