1.06.2013

Skillet Gnocchi with Spinach & White Beans


Skillet Gnocchi with Spinach & White Beans
(recipe from Eating Well)

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
  • 1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi
  • 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 6 cups chopped spinach leaves, (I used a combo bag of spinach, chard, and bok choy)
  • 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
  • 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese

Preparation

  1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
  2. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.



This meal was super quick to make (about 30 minutes) and so tasty!
I enjoy eating vegetarian, but you could always add some sausage to the skillet when sauteing the onions.
I'm sure that'd be the bee's knees!
~Naomi

16 comments:

  1. Hm, it looks delicious!!

    Kisses, Lucy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!


    xoxo from nyc & http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummyyyy, i'm pretty much drooling here!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delish! Anything you can cook up in a skillet is always great in my book. Thanks! Would love for you to stop by my blog if you've got a sec!
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gnocchi! haven't had it in a while so I think I might give this a try :)

    x Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm super )
    like it )
    kisses!



    Angela Donava

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gnocchi! I have just about all of these ingredients already so perhaps I will give this a try.
    www.ashleyudoh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this looks yummy! I love gnocchi!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so yummy!Impressive blog!
    Check mine and let me know if you would like to follow each other:-)
    Kisses
    Aga

    Check my new post
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks SO delicious!! I'll definitely try making it! Thanks for sharing!!

    PS. I'd love it if you could visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks awesome! I'm pinning for later! :)

    xo
    Elise
    Giveaway on WTFab for a leather purse! {Ends 1/12}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great recipe. I'd love to test out a few skillet recipes, I've never tried any.

    Stay in the Lines

    ReplyDelete