10.07.2012

Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles

I was recently introduced to Hershey's Pumpkin Spice kisses
They changed my life.
Let me change yours:



Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Blossoms

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed, brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla 
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 tsp fresh baking soda

1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
48 pumpkin spice kisses

Directions:
  1. Cream together the sugars and butter in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Add egg, vanilla, and salt, mix until combined. Slowly mix in baking soda and flour, mixing until well incorporated.
  3. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. Turn oven on to 350* upon taking dough out of refrigerator.
  4. In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
  5. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
  6. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 8 minutes until only slightly golden.
  7. Immediately press a kiss in center of each cookie and sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture over tops while still warm. 
*Kisses become gooey once set into warm cookies and may take a while to set. I sandwiched several together for easy shipping to my parents and made yummy sandwich cookies!* ~Naomi

4 comments:

  1. OMG those look so delicious! My friend and I made cookies with apple spice and carmel last night- they were really yummy! Might need to try these next!
    I would love for you to visit my blog sometime!
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaaat?! These sound amazing! I'm gonna have to try this asap!

    ReplyDelete