I have made this meal twice... maybe three times.
It is definitely an indulgence, and that's why I only make it occasionally. (Har har)
The recipe is a bit of a mash up between Real Simple's "Garlicky Baked Shrimp" and Bon Appetite's "Gnocchi Gratin with Gorgonzola Dolce"
So I call it Alfredo.
Because I can.
Alfredo Gnocchi and Shrimp
1 pound frozen cooked shrimp
4 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 pound package whole wheat gnocchi made with sweet potato
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
spritz of lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease a 10-12" cast iron skillet and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine frozen shrimp, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour into cast iron skillet.
- In a medium pot, boil 6 cups of lightly salted water. Carefully place gnocchi into boiling water and boil for 3-5 minutes until they all float.
- Remove the gnocchi from pot with a slotted spoon and put directly into cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle the Romano and Parmesan cheeses on top of shrimp and gnocchi. Pour cream over and gently stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, melt butter and stir in Panko crumbs and parsley.
- Shake crumb over top of contents in cast iron skillet and place skillet in oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until crumbs are browned and cream is thick.
- Let sit to cool slightly, scoop with large spoon onto plates and enjoy.
Serves 4 hungry adults.
|Or serve in bowls :)|
Tips: I added nutmeg to this recipe because I love the flavor it adds to homemade Alfredo sauce. If you do not have apple cider vinegar, use white wine. You may also substitute cooked chicken for the shrimp.
Definitely a treat for your taste buds!