6.16.2012

Maple Pecan Breakfast Bread

Thanks to my lovely long weekend, I will be baking up a storm.
Yesterday I made this delightful recipe that I found while reading my blogs.
It seemed to speak to me from the computer screen: "Make this now!"
And so I did. 
And it was goooooood.

I've made a few of Mama J's recipes. This one was the best so far.
I followed all the directions except for two.
1: I used half the amount of butter in the pecan topping.
2: I baked it in my cast iron skillet.

This breakfast bread is something I will for sure make again.
But next time, I need to make it for my parents.
This it a dish that is so bad for you that it is good. I can't risk keeping a whole skillet of it in my house again! It's just too tempting to scarf down half of it in one sitting.

Things I would do differently next time: use a smaller skillet so the pieces are not as thin, and practice patience by allowing the skillet to cool a bit more before drizzling the icing on top. 

Left overs, here I come!
~Naomi


No comments:

Post a Comment