2.13.2013

The Color of Love



Truth: I had my husband take these photos in our kitchen minutes before we went on a walk into Lititz. You can't tell, but the skirt reaches about mid shin and I wore this sans tights! That's right people, this was a bare-legged look. And we walked outside for an hour! That means spring is coming!

I wore this yesterday after deciding I wanted to celebrate Valentine's Day all week in colors. My nails are pink with red hearts, my scrubs for work are all pink this week, and I am geeked about my actual Vday look!

Truth: I never really cared for Valentine's Day. Abe and I have been together for a long time now, but it just wasn't something we felt the need to celebrate as a couple. Plus, Abe's birthday is Feb. 14th so I try to make the day about him as opposed to pink conversation hearts and flowers. But this year, I want chocolate! :P
~Naomi




Sweater: JCP
Belt & Skirt: thrifted

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit, it's always fun to have a theme to dress to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s simple but great. Really good ideas!
    @paquetevistasbien

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red on you - so pretty! I like the V-day colors - explains why I've been drawn to pinks and reds lately.

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely! I'm rocking red/pink this week too-so much fun to dress for special occasions. Sounds like you had a fun walk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are really getting into the spirit of Valentines day! You look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing look for Valentines Day!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute and vintage look!

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sense of style! And I also love to thrift store.

    Happy Birthday to your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this look! The floral skirt with the red is stunning.

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the skirt! Happy birthday to your hubby and happy valentines day! Hope you do something fun tonight and definitely way some chocolate! :)
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the print of that skirt! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and Valentine's Day!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe red looks good on everyone... perfect for Valentine's, too! You look loverly (:

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's right, for the second outfit of you i see, i can say the red it's really nice on you !

    ReplyDelete