1.18.2013

Outside My Comfort Zone


So these mustard tights... I love them and yet I don't know how to wear them! (first seen here) I have a red frock I'm holding onto for summer, but I want to wear them all the time because I love the color of mustard.

...so this post is about taking a chance. Pairing the tights with a color that is not the safe choice: Barbie Pink.

I kinda dig it.

(This is a pic of me tripping on a crack)

(lil bit of lining love)



Also, this cardigan is pink, but the sky is so grey that it's hard to tell...

In the words of my 11th grade English teacher (and Edgar Alan Poe most likely), the day was "dreary." 


It was my favorite thing to look down as walking when wearing this outfit and catch a glimpse of my tights through the slit in the dress. The color was truly more fascinating in person.

What do ya think? Do the colors work, or never again? :P
~Naomi




Jacket: Nicole Miller for JCP
Cardigan: Old Navy
Dress: thrifted
Purse & Slip: vintage
Tights: Target
Shoes: F21

10 comments:

  1. Colored tights are a fabulous addition the any closet. I love them paired with a simple black skirt and black shoes as well! Have a great weekend, if you've got a sec I'd love for you to check out my latest post!
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love colored tights, as well. Mustard yellow being one of my favorite colors! I love pairing them with browns to an earthy feel.

    http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. its always hard to step out of your comfort zone but ultimately for the best. rock the colored tight...love it

    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/
    we are following along with you, check us out? follow us back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun pop of pink. let's follow each other! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely took a risk, and I think you worked it perfectly! I love mustard tights too and sometimes they can be really hard to wear. Good job on stepping out of your comfort zone!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pumps do not look like they are from F21 - I love the shade of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the mix of mustard and barbie pink! Looks fabulous and you pull it off so well.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the daring look!!! those shoes are cute:)

    www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the important thing with fashion is to have fun with it, which you are clearly doing! I'm not bold enough to try and rock th coloured tights but you do it well x

    ReplyDelete