1.22.2013

Let's Hear It For The Boy






I think I am making 2013 a year of challenging myself. My last challenge was about wearing funky colored tights in a way that I wouldn't normally wear them. This post is about pants.

I have a big bottom. There. I said it. I like to hide my ass-ets under skirts and dresses and I usually accentuate my small waist.

After reading about IFB's project #80. I said to myself, "Challenge accepted!" and then I said "Suit up!" And I hope there are a handful of readers out there who know I am quoting Barney from How I Met Your Mother.

So I donned this fabulous new blazer I got for a steal on Gilt and then stole my husbands trousers. I am nearly a foot shorter, so I stapled the hemline for the look. Surprise! Manly.

But I like things girly, so I added a lace top, pin curls, and a pink belt and heels. This just makes the menswear look a bit softer and more my style!
~Naomi




Blazer: Stella and Jamie via Gilt.com
Top: Maurices
Trousers: husband's from Menswear House
Belt: Target
Necklace & Heels: F21

25 comments:

  1. I've got a big bottom too, no worries :) Love the head scarf! Really works.

    nauticalowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did ya hear? We make the world go 'round! :P

      Delete
  2. I love the HIMYM inspiration - suit up! And those heels are such a fun color

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails// fawn pendant giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration :)

    http://nnotforsale.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a Rockstar. And you are so gorgeous, and my dear bosom friend I love everything about you and your fashion and your cooking and just you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you! Everyone I know jokes that don't wear pants once a year. I don't know if I am bold enough to suit up, but I am at least thinking about it a bit after your post. So far so good and I am digging the feminine touches to menswear!

    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/
    check us out? follow us back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Always great to make more friends!

      Delete
  6. People are paying for an ass like yours and you're covering yours up haha. Work those curves girl :-) Love the head scarf and the pop of color with the shoes.
    www.ashleyudoh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you styled this whole look! It really accentuates your fabulous figure, and I love how that turban-style headpiece gives a retro vibe to the whole thing!

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I need to learn to embrace the curves ;)

      Delete
  8. the pink pumps are just great!!!! love the pop of color! :D

    Click me for MY NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I love your shoes and how the colour pops in this outfit.

    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this 80's inspired look!
    great job styling it! and love the heels!
    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diana! I did feel like I was wearing an 80's power suit! haha

      Delete
  11. Love the whole look! You look stunning dear!
    Following you on Bloglovin! Hope you'll follow me back! <3

    Follow me on:
    Bloglovin
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following! Love your collection of shoes!

      Delete
  12. Great outfit!
    xoxo
    Sara
    http://liveloveandlaughwithsassa.de/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look beautiful dear.The color of your heels is very nice & necklace is chic too.

    Women's Designer Shoes

    ReplyDelete