12.21.2012

Happy 90th Gramps!

This post is devoted to my grandad. 
My grampy, grandpa, gramps.
He turns 90 years young tomorrow! 
He and my grammy live in California which is far, far away from where I live and I am unable to be with them as often as I'd like. 
My sisters and I last visited them in April.
 
Visiting in Sept 2010


My grampa is such a cool dude.
He was a glider pilot in World War 2 and tells the best stories.
He always wears these mechanic's coveralls for tinkering in his garage.
He volunteers his time at a senior center and is their Mr. Fix It!
At 90yrs old!
He still drives, though not as much as before. 
He still loves his cookies and pies after every meal.
He goes to bed at like 8pm and wakes up at 5 or so.
He watches the news and talks about weather and politics and has an opinion about everything.
He isn't the best with words and feelings and once even commented that I had gained weight!
But I love him dearly and miss him so! 

On their 65th Wedding Anniversary

Saying our goodbyes, September 2010

Meeting their great-grandsons April 2012

Happy Birthday Grampa!!
Love, Naomi

4 comments:

  1. Aw, that is precious! Happy Birthday, Gramps!
    http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hun,
    I really like your blog and your style..so nice!
    New follower there,
    If you want I'm waiting for you on my blog!

    kiss jexika lyter

    http://deliciousmakeupfashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it - so vital at that age!! A real inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your grandfather! He seems to be an amazing man:)
    I hope you get to visit again soon.

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete