11.21.2012

Macarons, Mochas, Movies

On Sunday, my second day in NY with my sister, she had to work most during the daylight hours so I went exploring by myself.
I attempted to wear heels again, but after walking 5 blocks or so to the subway, my tootsies had had enough.



My main goal was to stroll Madison Ave and visit Ladurée, the famous Parisian macaron shop.
It wasn't half as busy as Magnolia was the day before, thank heavens!
I would have loved to try one of each, but alas I did not want to spend $75+ on gourmet cookies!
I settled for a cute little box of 6, getting two Pistachio of course.



From there, I walked about Central Park with a little bag of warm honey roasted almonds!
OMG they are friggin tastey!





I knew Sarah wasn't to get out of work until 5pm, but it was past lunch time and I was starving.
I had been to her restaurant before and the barista Joe makes a mean mocha!
So to W. 69th Street I headed, now in horribly uncomfortable flats! haha


After dining on Kosher Italian yumminess, I window shopped some more along Broadway and the area.
I made my way to Lincoln Center and The Juliard School and sat on a lovely bench to chat with my husband back home.




After Sarah's shift, we looked up movie times for Pitch Perfect!
We missed the closest one so we hopped a train to Time Square and visited our friend Basil at Lucky Cheng's for a few drinks.
The bartender and drag queen, Coco, made us this ummmm interesting drink... called Hood Water.
It warmed me from head to toes!


And from there we walked to the movie theatre, watched Pitch Perfect (hilariousness!), and then back home.
Once home, we made yummy s'mores bars and then fell asleep!

The End of Day 2!
 ~Naomi




Dress, gold belt, jacket: thrifted
Necklace, sunglasses: F21
Black belt: Ross
Scarf: Chinatown
Purse: Urban Expressions
Shoes: 'Me Too'

9 comments:

  1. I am so in love with that green colour on you! So pretty!

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, laduree! Love it! Great pics!

    www.fussylife.com
    www.facebook.com/fussylife

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAD picture of me, but I love the rest! Was a blast having you here, come back soon to NYC! It misses you, not just me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww sounds like a great day! i love your dress too, sateen green is so stunning.





    WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Laduree and the color of your dress is amazing:)
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tile of this post, very great pics and I do love me some decadent macaroons!!! :D So glad I clicked on your comment that led me back to your blog, and oh yeah I totes followed you since your posts' contents are info and image juicy so expect to be seeing some regular comments from me, you don't have to follow me back don't worry. Btw, gaze upon my new L'incognito look where yes, it's a reference to Martin Margiela. Is it too much to wear head-to-toe MMM? Probs hahaa!

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2012/11/lincognito.html

    MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA GIVEAWAY
    MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA GIVEAWAY
    MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous green that dress is... It looks lovely on you! And that necklace is so rad!!

    xoxo, Blair

    http://loveblair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you're enjoying new york! it's an exhausting place, isn't it? we're enjoying a break out in the countryside.

    ReplyDelete