Warning: This recipe is lazy.
I can haz lazy dinner.
Throw food in crock pot, cook, eat.
Smile, so nummy!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb frozen chicken breast (thawed or frozen, it doesn't matter!)
- approximately 2 cups frozen mixed veggies (corn, carrots and bean mix... I literally just plopped a bunch in)
- 1 (15oz) can of diced tomatoes (I used the fire roasted kind, drained)
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinced
- 1 (4 cup) container of chicken stock
- 1 diced onion (or a half cup frozen Ore Ida diced onion...I was lazy!)
- 1 ancho chile pepper, diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
garnish with shredded cheese and tortilla chips
1. Throw all ingredients into Crock pot in the above order. Cook on high for 1 hr and then on low for 6-7hrs.
2. Shred chicken with two forks, and stir to distribute.
3. Serve in bowls, top each bowl with cheese and chips.