The other day, I wanted to use up ingredients I had in my fridge.
When I entered "bacon, salmon, spinach" into the search engine, this recipe came up!
I had a large frozen fillet of salmon that was begging to be wrapped up in yummy bacon!
It was quite convenient that the recipe included a side of spinach, because I was going to make it anyways.
For full credits, click here.
Bacon-Wrapped Salmon with Wilted Spinach
- 4 (5- to 6-oz) center-cut pieces skinless salmon fillet (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain or coarse-grain mustard (I used dijon)
- 8 bacon slices
- 2/3 cup sliced shallots (2 large) (I used plain white onion)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 oz baby spinach (16 cups packed), rinsed but not dried
- 4 Skewers