8.30.2012

Peaches & Cream French Toast

I love breakfast!
Especially when it involves syrup!

Here is the recipe for the French toast I mentioned in my last post.
SarahJean, my husband Abe, and I stuffed ourselves with this stuffed toast!

I wish I could eat it everyday.
But then I'd get cankles.

Peaches & Cream Stuffed French Toast
(adapted from A Beautiful Mess)



Ingredients:
16 thin slices of cinnamon swirl bread
6 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2-3 peaches, sliced and peeled
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
another tsp vanilla
powdered sugar and maple syrup for topping

Directions:
  • Combine eggs, milk, 2 tsp vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until combined and slightly frothy.
  • In another bowl, whip cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
  • Heat skillet on stove and grease skillet with butter or PAM spray
  • Lay out bread slices on your counter or table and spread cream cheese mixture on one side only. 
  • Dip one slice at a time into egg and milk bowl. Only dip the bare side that doesn't have cream cheese on it.
  • Place egg side down on hot skillet.
  • Arrange several peach slices on top of cream cheese.
  • Take another slice of bread that has been smeared with cheese, dip it into egg, and then place it cream cheese side down on top of other slice that has the peaches.
  • Now carefully flip the whole thing over to cook the egg dipped bread on top.
  • Continue with remaining slices of bread.
  • Sprinkle with powdered sugar, garnish with extra peaches, and serve with warm syrup and mimosas!


 I ended up making only 7 servings because I slathered a lot of the cream cheese on one and didn't save any for the last two slices of bread! 
Haha but it was so good!
I ate cold leftovers the next day on my commute to work.
It was like a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich :P

Have you tried any great recipes recently?
~Naomi

6 comments:

  1. Amazing!!!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds delish. Would love to try. :)

    Come swing by my blog for your chance to win a $100 Shopbop GC! :)

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indulgently amazing! It would probably work well with strawberries or blueberries too. Okay, now I'm hungry. :D
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. We adore your style and your blog, maybe want to follow each other?!:)


    LOVE,
    fashiono2.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete